The Elephanta Caves are located on the Elephanta Island, at a short distance of 11 kilometers from the Apollo pier in Mumbai. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Caves are famous for their ancient rock cut temples dedicated to the Hindu and Buddhist traditions.
After leaving Chittor due to its strategic disadvantage, the Sisodiya Rajputs established their new kingdom as the city of Udaipur and made it the capital of Mewar. The construction of the City Palace was started in 1559 by Maharana Udai Singh and was improved by his successors for the next 300 years. The palace is one of the most visited monuments in India and is known for its opulent Hindu Rajput Architecture.