The Bachelor of Financial Markets is a 3-year undergraduate degree that focuses on the intricacies of financial markets and includes topics such as Economics, Financial hazards, and investing. It also includes practical areas of study such as planning, coordinating, and managing capital resources. Career Scope of BFM- After completing the BFM, various career options are available, including becoming an auditor, accountant, or export or import manager. Tax consultant, stockbroker, or financial risk manager.
Eligibility Criteria of BFM
The eligibility criteria are divided into sections namely Age Limit, Educational Qualification, and Minimum Marks. Candidates should meet major eligibility requirements before applying for the BFM course. The need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria. Let’s have a look:
1. Academic Qualification- The candidates should complete their 10+2 or equivalent with mainstream from any recognized board.
2. Minimum Marks required- The candidates should secure at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC) marks in their qualifying exam. The minimum marks varies from institute to institute or college to college.
3. Age Limit- There is no specific age limit for admission to the BFM course. Certain colleges or institutes have certain age criteria for admission to the respective course. The age criteria may vary from college to college.
Entrance Exam for BFM Courses
To get admission to the BFM course, candidates need to qualify the specific entrance tests conducted at the university level. There is no national level entrance exam for taking admission into the BFM course. The following universities conduct own entrance exam to grant admission for UG level course:
1- Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam
2- Mumbai University Entrance Test
3- Delhi University Arts Exam
After clearing the entrance exam, candidates who perform well in the entrance
exam will call for a personal round or group discussion round. At last, candidate
must bring a passing certificate, all necessary documents and a mark-sheet at the
time of admission.
BFM Graduates Job Roles
1. Insurance Manager- An insurance manager is responsible for handling the
operations of any insurance firm. These professionals can resolve issues
that are related to finance.
2. Risk Manager- The risk manager has the right to strategies to deal with
anti-risk conventions. They are a part of any firm or organization for
identifying their loss that may occur in the future.
3. Finance Officer- Finance officers are trained with professional skills which
they can use to achieve the goals of the organization, handling all records,
investigating all losses, maintaining book-keeping data, and others.
4. Finance Controller- They are equipped to supervise all parts of the financial
firms including administrative, auditing, corporate bookkeeping.