co full form
CO refers to “Circle Officer” or the full form of TBT is “Circle Officer”.
What is Circle Officer (CO)
1. Police are one of the most ubiquitous Organizations of the society. The policemen, therefore, happen to be the most visible representatives of the government. In an hour of need, danger, crisis and difficulty, when a citizen does not know what to do and whom to approach, the policeman happens to be the most appropriate and approachable unit and person for him. The police are expected to be the most accessible, interactive and dynamic organization of any society. Their roles, function and duties in the society are natural to be varied, and multifarious on the one hand; and complicated, knotty and complex on the other. Broadly speaking the twin roles, which the police are expected to play in a society are maintenance of law and maintenance of order. However, the ramifications of these two duties are numerous, which result in making a large inventory of duties, functions, powers, roles and responsibilities of the police organization.
2. The role, Functions and Duties of the police in General
- To Uphold and enforce the law impartially, and to protect life, and protect life, liberty, property, human rights, and dignity of the members of the public.
- To promote and preserve public order.
- To protect internal security, to prevent and control terrorist, breaches of communal harmony, militant activities and other situations affecting internal security.
- To protect public properties including roads, railways, bridges, vital installations and establishments etc. against acts of vandalism, violence or any kind of attack.
- To prevent crimes, and reduce the opportunities for the commission of crimes their own preventive action measures as well as by aiding and cooperating with other relevant agencies in implementing due measure for prevention of crimes.