Netaji Subhash Institute of India, commonly known as the National Institute of Sports (NIS), is the academic wing of the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Asia’s largest Sports Institute located in the city of Patiala.
Founder of NIS Patiala
Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports was established in the year 1961 by the erstwhile Maharaja of Patiala whose descendants dedicated this complex for the promotion of sports to the people of India.
About the Institute
The institute offers various diploma and degree programs in the field of Science and Sports. The basic criteria for selection are Graduation in any stream along with proficiency in the particular sport.
Aims and Objectives of Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports
- To prepare coaches for imparting special training in different games and sports.
- To enhance the technical skills of the coaches.
- To make available the latest information in the field of sports.
- To help in searching for talented players.
- To impart proper training to the players to participate at the international level.
- To provide scholarships to the players to encourage them towards sports.
- To help Nehru Yuva Kendra’s in order to encourage games and sports
- To impart technical knowledge to the industry engaged in the field of making sports-related equipment using the latest technology.
- To promote publications of different sports magazines for the development of sports.
- To promote research work in the field of sports.
- To organize refresher courses for the teaching of physical coaching.
How to Apply for NSNIS?
- Visit the office of the Deputy Director at the campus to obtain a hard copy of the application form or download it from the official website.
- Fill out the personal and academic qualifications in the space provided.
- Attach self-attested copies of the documents required.
- Pay the application fee online by any mode before the last date.
- Before submission, ensure that the application is certified by a Registered medical practitioner.
- Submit the duly filled application form before the due date to:
Office of the Deputy Director (Academics)
Sports Authority of India, Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports
Old Moti Bagh, Patiala-147001 (Punjab)
- Proof of Date of birth
- Academic qualifications supporting documents
- Documents of proficiency in sports/games
- Online fee payment receipt